Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beautiful lessons for these times

Recently I have learned a beautiful, and valuable lesson at a deeper level:

We cannot be victims as long as we stay in touch with (stay centered in) what God created us to be. The Soul (a more encompassing word would be Spirit) cannot be victimized regardless of circumstances. For Gandhi and Martin Luther King to be able to do what they were able to do with such compassion for everyone, they must have known this and much more. I think this a valuable thing to remember in these times.

How someone treats others is a reflection of their own character.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow, talk about the double whammy emotionally for me when I read this email!!!

Let me start by saying that I can offer prayers for peace and love and forgiveness for the families involved on both sides....that is all I can offer.

My son has been a police officer for the past 7 years. He is also on a regional SWAT team and I know what this position involves, way more than just a job from 8 to 5 every day ~ He has to actually go out of town if he wants to eat a meal out and many more aspects of that career are involved.

My youngest sister is mentally retarded. She, too, operates a cell phone and actually holds down a full-time job, lives in an apartment with another retarded roommate. And she only sees the goodness in people.

This therefore gave me a great opportunity to feel how I would feel for both sides.

Circumstances in life are sometimes unfortunate, hard to explain why they happen, and sometimes very, very painful for everyone involved ~ but from a spiritual viewpoint, and looking at the BIG picture, nothing happens TO US unless we allow it....We are the co-creators of our realities in every circumstance; no one is a victim in life. But we cannot resolve the problems that we experience being in the same state of consciousness we were in when we created the problems.

I am SURE that this whole situation will turn out exactly like it is supposed to for everyone; it always does, even though it seems unfair, unjust, and just plain sad sometimes.

The GOOD News is - there is NO death....just experiences we came forth to experience, and all is truly Well!